Sunday, August 17, 2014

Mass For Peace and Reconciliation

Today, Pope Francis celebrated Mass for Peace and Reconciliation at the Myeongdong Cathedral, the Cathedral Church of the Virgin Mary of the Immaculate Conception [1], in Seoul, Korea.  He spoke of forgiveness and reconciliation and in that spirit, I shall, from this day forward, change my attitude toward this pope whom I had charged with hypocrisy, without giving him the benefit of the doubt, without considering how difficult a job he has and without considering that he has the capacity to grow in holiness.  Certainly, I have lived with and excused my own hypocrisies, and realize how impossible it is to lead a life detached from the day to day responsibilities and escape from the numerous occasions for sin, and how often I have received the grace of God despite my unholiness and not having dedicated myself to serving God.


[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myeongdong_Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment