Monday, March 10, 2014

Antidote To Satan

Some have said the antidote to Satan is love.  I disagree.  The antidote to Satan is resistance, not love.  One can love Satan, I suppose, but Satan does not want your love.  Satan despises man and finds him inferior.  Satan is proving again and again that It is right, that man is inferior and is unable to resist Its temptations and Its false promises.

Christ was the perfect antidote to Satan.  Jesus resisted all of Satan's temptations and certainly did not love Satan.
Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”
Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’” [1]


[1] http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt+4%3A8-10&version=NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment