Thursday, February 19, 2015

Evening Prayers

"Kneel down, and say [1]:
"In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.
  "Blessed be the holy and undivided Trinity, now and for evermore. Amen
  "Come, O Holy Ghost!  fill the hearts of Thy faithful, and kindle in them the fire of Thy divine love.
"Let us place ourselves in the presence of God.  Humbly adore Him.
"Great God, the Lord of heaven and earth!  I prostrate myself before Thee.  With all the Angels and Saints I adore Thee.  I acknowledge Thee to be my Creator and sovereign Lord, my first beginning and last end.  I render to Thee the homage of my being and life.  I submit myself to Thy holy Will, and I devote myself to Thy divine service, now and for ever.
"Then say the Our Father, and Hail Mary (thrice) in honor of the Immaculate Conception of our Blessed Lady, Apostles' Creed and the Confiteor." [2]  [Italics original, links added.] 


[1] As quoted.  If they are said while walking, sitting or lying down, that ought to be acceptable I would think, but my thoughts and words carry no authority whatsoever and that is true throughout this entire blog.
[2] Roman Catholic Daily Missal 1962, compiled from the Missale Romanum (Missouri: Angelus Press, 2004), Sixth Printing June 2014, p.61.

No comments:

Post a Comment