Friday, July 5, 2013

Divine Images

Sometimes, divine images cannot be captured with a camera, because they are too ephemeral or they are not supposed to be captured [1]; rather, they capture the imagination.  These images do not occur often, not to me, and they are meant to be seen only by the seer's eyes regardless of the presence of other people.  Since they are always unexpected and unusual, and cannot be explained by physics or duplicated by man,  they are always remembered by those who have seen them [2], even though they are not famous, unlike the Marian apparitions.


[1] A camera is not available, or perhaps not working.
[2] Some of the ones I had seen I tried to draw them, even though I do not have any artistic talent to speak of, so I supplement my sketches with a narrative.  Some images I have not drawn because they are they difficult to illustrate [3] for they are meaningful only in a series and that is way beyond my God-given abilities.
[3] For example, an image that is indescribably beautiful and defies the laws of physics.

No comments:

Post a Comment