Friday, August 12, 2011

Republican Primary Debate in Iowa

Many of the candidates were strangers to me. From the bits and pieces I had heard in a rebroadcast, Rep. Ron Paul made the most sense. I have always liked him except for the fact that he is from Texas. There are some things I do not like about Texas. It is the state in which President Kennedy was shot and the state that produced GW Bush.

I also liked what former Speaker Newt Gingrich said, which is surprising because he was someone I disliked greatly in the past.

One candidate I would like to know more about is Jon Huntsman. He was a former governor of Utah and the recently resigned (April 2011) ambassador to China under Obama and son of Jon Huntsman Sr. who founded Huntsman Corporation, a global conglomerate traded on the NYSE. He struck me initially as a smooth-talking politician who would offend nobody.

After reading up on him a bit more, I think he could very well be the next President of the United States. Honestly, right now, I would vote for him to be the next President.

The rest of the group I do not care for and have no comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment