Friday, August 5, 2011

After Doomsday

I asked a buddy in an e-mail if this week's economic downturn could be the beginning of a bigger disaster than the banking meltdown three years ago, and whether a doomsday plan should kick in now.

He replied that the main issue was Europe and he was not sure how they would respond to this but passed on my second question. I replied saying that my theory was slightly different than his but regardless of what it was, I was curious if he had any contingency plan. I was fearing that a much bigger economic fallout was looming due to the lingering and expanding debt bubble on both sides of the Atlantic.

This time he answered the question, but with a question: whether I thought a doomsday scenario was unfolding.

I was hoping he would give me his insight but alas I had to wreck my brain and think of something. This was my reply: "possibly ... by raising current world unemployment to 50%, shutting down unessential businesses, downsizing essential ones, cutting world wealth by 75% and returning to localized economies with limited travel and international trade, resulting in a modern day agrarian economy (backyard farming & farmer's market) run by underemployed but far happier urban and suburban farmers with 3-D cell phones. Amish living will be IN, Wall Street Meth Life will be OUT and [Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints sect leader] Warren Jeff will be hailed as the Hero and Architect of the New Polygamic Society [which will also be IN]."

No comments:

Post a Comment