Saturday, August 6, 2011

Afghanistan War

I suppose there are always reasons to start a war. GW Bush started two. He said God told him to do so:

In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.


Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq ." And I did. ...'"

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2005/10_october/06/bush.shtml

I suppose there are reasons to stay on fighting a war, even though they are different from the reasons for having started it in the first place.

Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein are both dead. US soldiers are still being killed. Thirty-one special ops, mostly Navy SEALs died today. What does God say now, GW Bush? Why haven't you ended the war in Afghanistan already, President Obama?

No comments:

Post a Comment