Thursday, June 13, 2013

Prayer To Mary

Dear Mother Mary, Your sweetness is the fragrance of the Eternal Rose.  You have given me Your love, Your care.  Please fill me with Your eternal sweetness and love so that all my words and my deeds will have a tiny hint of Your fragrance.  Amen.  [1]. [2]


[1] I formed this prayer on my knees at a local outdoor Lourdes shrine this evening a little before 7:50 p.m.  I normally join the Dominican friars in worshiping the Blessed Sacrament and praying the Compline but tonight there was none.  What a gift I had in return for an unfulfilled expectation.  I do love You, Lord.  I do love You, Mary.  I pray that You stay with me always, never lose sight of me, never give up on me, and lead me always back on the path to You when I stray. Amen.
[2] I know what I have asked for I am not capable of having because of Sin and its many variations but still I hope that at least some my words and my deeds would be scented with ever so slight a trace of Mary's holiness so that those receiving them from me will be able to receive them with true peace and contentment in their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment