Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thoughts On God - Sunday, February 26, 2012

It's not just on Sunday but every day that my thoughts go to God but not every thought is worth this space that Google so charitably provides to all. Although I am not a deserving recipient of charity, nonetheless this space is a gift that Google has given, that looks deceivingly like a blank canvas that ought not to be scoffed at but to be thankful for, to be used to the best of one's unique abilities, to turn it back into a gift. Mine may not be a very nice gift, but it is the only gift that I am able to make with the abilities that I have been given, and I want to give it my best to make it the best gift I can.

Google is not God, but God has played a part in giving the founders of Google their blank slates. They have embraced their blank slates and worked on them and turned them into things much bigger, bigger than perhaps even they themselves can contain or comprehend. That is the miracle, to be able to do things that seem to flow effortlessly from what has been given, to make something from something so deceivingly simple that it is almost taken for granted, something we call life. [1]


[1] I was completely captured by the truth (and my personal fascination) that every person has in varying degrees the ability to create just as the Creator is able to create when this was written, so the words "to make something from something" was all about creation and have nothing to do with procreation. (Footnote added March 1, 2012.)

No comments:

Post a Comment