Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Cry

I cry for kindness, when it’s mistaken for meekness.
I cry for innocence, when it’s seen as weakness.
I cry for love, when it’s thought of as purpose.
I cry for selflessness, when it’s depreciated to heroism. [1]
I cry for hope, when it’s overcome by fear.
I cry for freedom, when it’s trampled by irresponsibility.
I cry for conscience, when it’s taken over by greed.
I cry for loneliness, when it’s filled with self-pity.
I cry for desire, when it’s not for God.


[1] An act of selflessness originates from and is done out of conscience, the goodness within. I believe that such acts do not result from chance or coincidence but are miracles. When a miracle that is factually substantiated and corresponds to a selfless act and is being judged to be heroic, then what was once goodness in its purest form has been reduced to heroism, a secular concept that is often further cheapened by profit motives, rankings and trophies that are handed out under media's spotlight, pomp and circumstance. (Footnote added on March 1, 2012.)

No comments:

Post a Comment