Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Father's Day Thought By Father Illo

I have been reading Father's Illo's blog recently.  On Father's Day, he recorded this thought:
On this Father’s Day, I bless my own father for staying with my mother for 60 years, and my mother with staying with my father. May God grant us all to imitate His own communion of love by never giving up on each other. Even should we have to be separated, may we be faithful to our very natures by continuing to love those God has put in our lives. [Emphasis  added.] [1]
I love his last sentence.  Like many of Mozart's compositions, it is as beautiful as it is perfect in that whatever tinge of sadness that may underlie it, it is delicately veiled by divinely-inspired beauty.


[1]  The quoted paragraph is excerpted from From the Chaplain's Laptop: Trinity Sunday in Tanzania  at http://www.frilloblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment