Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Miracle Of Prayer

Prayers lead to miracles. [1], [2]  When praying for help, pray with unyielding faith, complete humility, maximum hope and no expectation.  Remember always to say prayers of gratitude.  Miracles do not just happen; they require time and energy, divine time and energy.  But too often miracles are taken for granted because of Sin, the same Sin Adam and Eve committed, believing all they had were theirs even though everything they had came from God.


[1] Pray the prayers of the Rosary, prayers on http://universalis.com/, and one's own prayers of love for God, His Son, Jesus Christ, Whose Mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and the Holy Spirit with thoughts that express your deepest and most vulnerable love that you generally do not express to anyone else.
[2] One can pray while walking or waiting in traffic, but probably not a good idea to do so while the car is in motion.  Yesterday I was trying to memorize the Apostle's Creed in Latin while driving when I got impatient with the cab driver in front of me [3] and in the middle of recalling the words of the prayer in Latin I cussed him out in English.  Cussing anyone one out in the middle of a prayer cannot be good.  To make the matter worse, I used the name God in an expression, "Oh My God," because I was shocked to realize what I had just done.  Using God in an expression means saying the name of God in vain (I learned that recently) because that would be calling for God's attention without any intention to address God.  Of course I tried to make up for it immediately.  Perhaps it was a miracle that I did not rear-end the cab -- that would be rather ironic.  On second thought, perhaps it was but certainly not in the way I would expect it to happpen.  By cussing, all my senses were awakened from the semi-hypnotic state of memorization and sharpened.
[3] It was frustrating enough not being to say the prayer smoothly while wondering if I had all the words right, then I had to refocus because the driver in front was driving like he was running out of gas, literally and figuratively, far slower than the normal flow of traffic.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment