Friday, January 6, 2012

One Issue Election?

Forget about a nuclear Iran, tens of millions of illegal aliens and unemployed Americans, a deficit in the trillions and Barack Obama's birth certificate, the deciding factor in the next general election, I predict, could be the sexual orientation of President Obama. Even if President Obama is bisexual or homosexual, I do not think he is the first to occupy the White House.

On-line chatter about Barack Obama's sexual orientation [1], [2] is just beginning but my opinion of the President's sexual orientation had already firmed up some time ago. It, however, will not affect my vote in November when I plan to cast mine for Mitt Romney, the candidate who has inspired the ABM movement (Anybody But Romney) in the republican primary (I stayed up to watch the Iowa count and am thrilled that he won the country first 2012 primary even though he came in ahead of the loser by as few as four votes and as many as just eight).

I cannot explain why I like Mitt Romney for pretty much the same reasons that I did not like him in 2008, but it is not because I do not like Barack Obama (I actually like Barack Obama but not his politics). I think Mitt Romney's time to be president has come or rather his stars are ready for him to be president and America's fortune is set to improve with his guidance. That is my prediction. Of course, there is a chance that I may grow to dislike Mitt Romney should he become the 45th president in 2013 but I am hoping (almost confident) that I would like him more and more as President of the United States as he ushers in peace and prosperity for the world during his eight amazing years.

Saying that I would like Mitt Romney does not mean that I think he is an easy-going guy. He is not. Mitt Romney is tough, but what leader who is smart, focused and determined not a tough individual? Three women and one man still alive come to mind: Nancy Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, Queen Elizabeth II and Vladimir Putin. Mitt Romney is part of that elite group.

[1] http://hillbuzz.org/is-barack-obama-gay
[2] http://www.thedcpost.com/?p=7913

No comments:

Post a Comment