Saturday, September 17, 2011

Writing Frees Me

I am lost in a space with volume but without shape and lose track of time but not consciousness of a timeless existence. I no longer feel an obligation to conform to cultural traditions or societal expectations, or walk in lockstep with life’s clock. When writing, I am entirely free to create whatever that happens to be in my thoughts.

These days, more thoughts go through my head than I have time to capture and examine them and put them into words. There have been times when nothing comes to mind, and the periods between inspirations have ranged from days to years.

I wish I could abandon the confines of my life and the ways I am expected to live it, and ensconce myself somewhere to be enveloped by the grand expanse of nature and kissed by its beauty.

And so I dream. In this space it is possible, from this timeless moment to an endless time.

No comments:

Post a Comment