Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Lesson In Writing

Oddly enough, my most memorable lesson in writing I had learned from physics teacher. That was decades ago when I was still in high school. Fr. Eugene said to write well, I had to write every day.

Every day? What was I supposed to write? Of course I did not do what he asked. It was not possible. I had nothing to write about.

Decades later, Fr. Eugene's one sentence writing lesson is being taken to heart. I finally understand what he meant. He was right. To write well, I have to write, and write and write. Writing does not come easy for me, these paragraphs included. If it did, I might find it boring very quickly, but I will never know.

Fr. Eugene Lauer, O.S.B, had the curiosity of a child and the patience of a seasoned fisherman. He was the best teacher I have ever had even though I really never learned physics, and still hate the subject.

Thank you for all the special lessons and the infinite patience you had given me, Fr. Eugene. Hope to join you in heaven one day. Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment