Saturday, July 18, 2020

A Song For A Dreamer

Once Upon A Dream  is a song from the musical Jekyll & Hyde.  It is on You Tube, uploaded by anmaeli with lyrics copied below, sung by Jekyll (Anthony Warlow) [1]:

Once upon a dream
I conceived a perfect plan
That would change the face of man
Once upon a dream

For it was my dream
To create a perfect world
From this cold, imperfect world
Once upon a dream

And I was unafraid;
The dream was so enticing!
But now I see it fade
And I am here alone...

Once upon a dream
All I had to do was try
Too late now to wonder why;
It can never be

Could I begin again?
Once upon a dream?

Had the Son of God dreamed a dream, would the first three verses of the lyrics apply?

For this dreamer, the last two verses fits him perfectly.  Standing alone and in silence he watches from a distance the glimmer of hope that ends the song fade with his dream with each passing day.


[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulj5o8aoOHw&list=PLjXQ_rLk0ogaVqkK_mrtp1VYs51qk0oUN&index=34&t=0s

No comments:

Post a Comment