Sunday, January 8, 2023

Baptism Of Our Lord Jesus Christ - 13 January

Quoted from Learn Religions [1]:

Traditionally, the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord was celebrated on January 13, the octave day of the Feast of the Epiphany. In the current liturgical calendar, used in the Novus Ordo (the Ordinary Form of the Mass), the Baptism of the Lord is celebrated on the Sunday after January 6....

The Gospel for January 13, per the 1962 Catholic Daily Missal on page 245 follows - John 1:29-34 (the quoted passage is from another source Bible Gateway [2]):

29 The next day, John saw Jesus coming to him, and he saith: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who taketh away the sin of the world.

30 This is he, of whom I said: After me there cometh a man, who is preferred before me: because he was before me.

31 And I knew him not, but that he may be made manifest in Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

32 And John gave testimony, saying: I saw the Spirit coming down, as a dove from heaven, and he remained upon him.

33 And I knew him not; but he who sent me to baptize with water, said to me: He upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining upon him, he it is that baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.


No comments:

Post a Comment