Thursday, February 24, 2022

Lenten Prayer From Orthodox Faith

Quoted from Orthodox Channel [1] (Twitter: Orthodox Faith@since33):

Lenten Troparia

The doors of repentance do Thou open to me, O Giver of life, for my spirit waketh at dawn to pray towards Thy holy temple, bearing the temple of my body all defiled. But in Thy compassion, cleanse it by the loving kindness of Thy mercy.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit... [As it was in the beginning 
is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.]

Guide me in the paths of repentance, O Theotokos, for I have defiled my soul with shameful sins, and wasted all my life in laziness, but by thine intercessions, deliver me from all uncleanness.

Both now and ever, and unto ages of ages, Amen.

Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy; and according to the multitude of Thy compassions, blot out my transgression. When I think of the multitude of evil things I have done, I the wretched one, I tremble at the fearful Day of Judgment. But trusting in the mercy of Thy loving kindness; like David do I cry to Thee: Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy!


No comments:

Post a Comment