Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Year Later

2010 was a most difficult year. Coming face to face with the realities of elderly parents, two incompetent siblings who cared little and did even less, I had to concentrate all parts of my intellect, emotion, health and spirituality to design and execute a plan to ensure that my parents lead a healthy and happy life in their senior years. Even with the investment of my entire being, selfish only to the extent that I needed sleep, exercise and meals to sustain myself, I was unable to meet fully my parents' expectations. They want nothing short of perfection, a quality I had neither owned at birth nor have yet acquired.

The execution of my plan was made easier with the assistance of my other sibling, without whom the work would have been almost impossible. If I had thought I could have done it all as if I were the only child (I did think and say it during a moment of anger and frustration), I was truly too spent to actually accomplish it alone.

To be able to arrive healthfully and fairly happily on this day in 2011, I have the Virgin Mary, her incessant prayers and intercession, and her son Jesus to thank.

No comments:

Post a Comment